How to use the Degree Checking Templates
Understand your ‘Program Requirements’
- Go to Programs and Courses - ANU and find your degree.
- Look on the 'Study' tab and make sure you are familiar with the ‘Program Requirements’ of your degree. E.g.
- How many units and which courses are compulsory.
- Is there a compulsory major or specialisation?
- Ensure you are following the program requirements for the academic year that you commenced your degree. You can select your commencement year from the drop down on the right hand side.
- See the ‘Study’ tab and ‘First Year Advice’ tab for info on
- Single degrees
- Double degrees
- If you are doing a named degree e.g Bachelor of Applied Data Analytics or Bachelor of Information Technology, you are not required to nominate a major/minor/specialisation.
- When reviewing a Major, Minor or Specialisation, please make sure that it meets the program rules of your degree and year. If it is not compulsory, please check that you have enough elective room to do so.
Completing your Degree Checking Template
- Use your ‘Program Requirements’ information to fill in your Degree Checking Template (see below).
- Check the boxes once you have successfully passed the course.
- Check the boxes for courses you have been awarded course credit or exemption (Applying for course credit or exemption).
- Ensure that you have completed the listed requirements for each section.
Please utilise the following documents to help you with your planning:
- Planning Your Program
- How to use Programs & Courses
- If you would like to check your enrolments with CECC Student Services to make sure you are on track, please ensure you have filled out the plan as much as you can and bring it when attending a Student Services advice session. Contact CECC Student Services
- Please note: Any changes to your course requirements, e.g. changing the academic year of your plan, completing a Major/Minor/Specialisation not listed in your rules or substituting a course, will require a Program Variation Request Form and approval from the Associate Dean of Education.
School of Engineering - Degree Checking Templates
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
Bachelor of Engineering (Research and Development) (Honours)
Bachelor of Engineering in Software Engineering (Honours)
Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
Master of Engineering in Mechatronics
Master of Engineering in Renewable Energy
School of Computing - Degree Checking Templates
Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Honours)
Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Research and Development) (Honours)
Bachelor of Applied Data Analytics
Bachelor of Applied Data Analytics (Honours)
Check back for updates
Bachelor of Information Technology
Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours)
Check back for updates
Graduate Certificate of Applied Data Analytics
Graduate Certificate of Data Engineering
Graduate Diploma of Applied Data Analytics
Graduate Diploma of Computing
Master of Applied Data Analytics
Master of Computing
Master of Computing (Advanced)
Master of Machine Learning and Computer Vision