Welcome to the ANU College of Engineering, Computing and Cybernetics (CECC). Our College provides exclusive employment opportunities for ongoing ANU students to become actively involved in the promotion of CECC and to share your experience with prospective students and our learning community as a Student Ambassador.
In addition to gaining valuable professional experience and training, these roles are paid casual positions within the College. It’s also a chance to develop new skills enriched by your interests that will enhance your employability.
If you are enthusiastic, love meeting new people and are keen to share your positive university experience with potential students and the community, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Student Ambassador, you will:
- Represent the College at recruitment activities and college events, completing post event reports on the outcome of activities.
- Conduct College tours for future students and their families.
- Deliver presentations to student audiences.
- Share your knowledge and experience of studying engineering, computer science and cybernetics disciplines at ANU with prospective students at events such as Open Day and O-Week.
- Assist in other administrative tasks as required.
Student ambassadors must:
- Be enrolled in an ANU CECC undergraduate or postgraduate/HDR program.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- A satisfactory understanding of equal opportunity principles, diversity and inclusion and occupational health and safety and a commitment to their application in a university context.
- You will gain valuable work experience in public speaking, interpersonal skills, teamwork and organisational ability.
- Remuneration as an ongoing casual ANU Officer Level 2/3. More information is available via the position description and remuneration rates.
Apply to be a Student Ambassador
Applications for the CECC Student Ambassador 2023 intake have now closed. Information will be shared here when the next recruitment round is available.
For any questions regarding the Student Ambassador program, please contact:
Marketing and Communications team
ANU College of Engineering, Computing and Cybernetics